Friday 29 January 2010

Tash Attack and Waxy Whiskers!

This is a tale of waxing woe
For to the salon I must go
‘Cos you will be alarmed to learn
A hairy lip caused some concern (!)

I was running rather late
As I got ready for a date
When to my horror I did see
Some thick black hairs where none should be

Shocked, I fetched my beauty tray
And waxed the dreaded ‘tash’ away
The hairs came out, neat and clean
The ‘tash’ was gone, but there unseen

Was a trace of wax, lying in wait
For when I kissed my perfect date
I answered the door, still unaware
And smiled as my date stood there

His moustache was thick and lush
(And looked rather like a bristle brush)
It really was a pride and joy
He’d had since he just was a boy

Arm in arm we walked away
But I was later to regret that day …
For all was fine until ‘goodnight’
When my lover held me tight

He kissed my lips in deep embrace
Then found himself stuck to my face!
His ‘tash’ had to be removed
With scissors ‘cos it was firmly glued

His top lip then looked out of place
A pale stripe on a suntanned face –
And I was back then to square one
With more black hairs than I’d begun!

Strangely I haven’t seen him since …
But maybe that’s ‘cos I made him wince,
So the moral of this story is
Remove the wax or you’ll stay a Ms!

© Carol Pool (aka Sherri Trifle !)
thepoemlady.co.uk and thepoemlady.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment